Mar 1, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Tom Sestito, seen above in a rare photo where he’s being an
actual hockey player, was picked up off waivers by the Vancouver Canucks on
Friday. The Flyers had probably hoped he would clear so they could send him back
to the Adirondack Phantoms, but this time Sestito was plucked away.
Sestito was in the midst of an anticipated six-to-eight-week
absence due to a groin injury, which likely played a minor role in the Flyers
trading for Simon Gagne. That move in turn helped to create a numbers crunch on
the roster, prompting the decision to place Sestito on waivers.
The good news (?) is Michael Leighton cleared, and will
return to Adirondack. Score.
Sestito, 25, appeared in 21 games for the Flyers over the
past two seasons, mostly gaining a reputation as a willing fighter. He did
however manage to score not one but two goals against the Tampa Bay Lightning on
February 5, including the game winner. Couldn’t have picked up those two points
without you, Tito.
Gotta appreciate the scrappiness he brought, but time to move
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money