Mar 1, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The Islanders are in town tonight, as the Flyers return home from a 10-day, 4-game western road trip that included a few games we could have happily slept through instead of staying up to watch (once on a school night!). There can’t be a good taste after the 1-0 defeat in San Jose. I think everyone’s well-versed in the New York Islanders, including the fact that they’re not an automatic win for the Flyers this season. So, without further ado, tonight’s Pleas of the Game.
1. Don’t get scored on first for the infinityifth time this season.
2. Let our Russian goalie win the -ov–off tonight.
3. Danny’s revenge? The cheapshot artists of the league have been beating on Danny Briere this season. We’re glad he won’t miss time after the pickling in SJ, and hopefully he can snap his long goalless drought. Not that he doesn’t put in some cheapshots of his own, but the only real revenge a guy his size can get is when the horn sounds.
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|That Guy 895 on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|sumkat on As free agency opens, remember…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return