Jun 19, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Last week, we detailed the bizarre series of events surrounding James van Riemsdyk. Amid reports he was putting off surgery to hold up a potential trade, GM Paul Holmgren revealed an infection was to blame for the delay, and days later we learned van Riemsdyk would not have surgery at all.
On Monday, Sarah Baicker again got to the bottom of the JVR story, and she says there is no conspiracy. Holmgren explained opinions on Riemer’s hip simply changed, that’s all.
“We wanted what’s best for James,” Holmgren said. “… He didn’t miss a game last year because of a hip issue. He had other things that went on, obviously, a broken foot, a concussion. He had an oblique strain. Another strain in his rib cage.
“There’s an area of concern there [in his hip] that’s been identified, and we’re just going to move forward right now and deal with it. I don’t have a crystal ball to say when it will pop up. We have other players, quite frankly, over the last few years who have similar issues that still are playing and still have not had it addressed.”
So there you have it. Now, that doesn’t exactly clear up those trade rumors — though Homer addressed those to an extent as well — but don’t read too deeply into the change in treatment.
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
|RDawg44 on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return