Jan 16, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
The Flyers ended up losing to the Nashville Predators in extra shootout goals. That always sucks. Especially when it looked like B. Schenn or Cooter may have iced it for you. Alas, they come away with one point.
It was pretty damn entertaining game by all accounts however and those who tuned in witnessed one of the more ridiculous saves of the season from any goaltender in the NHL.
Michael Raffl found himself with the puck and what looked like a wide open net with Nashville’s Carter Hutton caught out of position all the way behind the net.
But then, somehow, Raffl puts the puck on the only side of the net Hutton could miraculously dive in front to make the stop. Impressive.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money