Mar 25, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
While it’s not uncommon for pro athletes to go into
broadcasting once their careers are over, and occasionally even dabble in it
once their season is finished, Luke Schenn couldn’t wait that long. The Flyers’
defenseman joined NBC’s Pierre McGuire between the benches during Sunday night’s
tilt with the Penguins for a little impromptu internship.
Luke, I know it looks bad, but your team isn’t out of the
playoffs quite yet.
Okay, so what’s really happening here is actually a heady
play by the 23 year old. The Flyers were about to get called for something like
their one-billionth too-many-men penalty, that is until the elder Schenn hopped
back over the boards. He clearly wasn’t as concerned with getting back to the
bench as he was just getting off the ice though, because he missed the seating
area by a few feet. High jinks ensued.
Yes, the Flyers only came away with a point in the contest,
but it’s nice to laugh once in awhile.
The NBC team’s instant reaction below is also quite good.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money