Mar 11, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s tough to tell with Ilya Bryzgalov. Sometimes you think he’s the crazy Russian and other times you think he’s an evil genius. And then every now and then he has a post-game quote where you can’t help but laugh at and love the guy.
The later was the case last night. And winning certainly helps.
Following last night’s eeking past the Buffalo Sabres in a 3-2 victory, Bryz was asked about the tremendous play Brayden Schenn made on a puck on the goal line that dribbled threw his five hole and looked headed for a score. It takes Bryz a few seconds to remember the play, and you kind of wonder if he’s just playing with the media at that point, but then it hits him like an asteroid appearing out of the Russian sky.
“BIG save,” he says. “BIG, BIG save.”
And he was right. But it’s all in the delivery. Purposeful or not.
Video of Schenn’s fantastic save plus Lavy and Bryz talking about it:
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money