Aug 19, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
As we told you the other day, the Philadelphia Flyers were apparently attempting to set a Guinness Book of World Records for the most people to simultaneously watch paint dry. That was a thing that actually happened today and thankfully CSN had a team of people there to document the… excitement.
As you can see from CSN hockey writer Sarah Baicker’s photos, there were tens of people there to watch the paint dry. Good seats were available!
As for the world record attempt? We heard third hand that there probably wasn’t even a representative from Guinness there to document the record “attempt.”
So you fans just showed up to watch paint dry just to watch paint dry.
From the Flyers:
It was a record-setting day at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA, as 195 Philadelphia Flyers fans flocked to the home of their favorite National Hockey League team to watch the ice get painted in time for the upcoming 2013-14 NHL season. It is believed to be a new Guinness Book of World Record for the most people to simultaneously watch paint dry. While there is no category for the record, Comcast-Spectacor, owners of both the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center, is submitting the total to the Guinness Book of World Records for strong consideration.
|aspohr89 on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money