Oct 14, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Former Flyers scrapper Arron Asham threw down with non-pugilist Jay Beagle during last night’s 3-2 Capitals OT win over the Penguins, and man did he beat the poop out of him.
What you don’t see in that clip is that, as Asham skated away, he did this:
Puck Daddy relays that Asham later felt pretty bad about it, probably right away actually, once he saw that Beagle was in a pretty bad way on the ice. Feeling ashamed (sorry), Asham gave Beagle some respect as the Capital skated away from the bloodstain he left on the ice, and pulled his own tooth out on the way to dressing room.
Wyshynski has full reaction from Asham and others.
I agree it was a dick move, but it’s also understandable and not wholly indicative of Asham being some callous piece garbage. With all the adrenaline that courses through you in and just after a fight, it’s not too surprising to do something you might otherwise regret. I think Ash deserves a pass for it, especially after coming clean that his act was “classless.”
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return