Aug 23, 2011, 12:45 AM EDT
When we posted a picture and link to the Ilya Bryzgalov Tiger mask painted by Stephane Bergeron of La Griffe Originale, Level reader Bill commented that the people at Drummond Custom Airbrush in Bucks County were working on Bryz’s mask. I checked in with Drummond last week to see if this was the case, and they confirmed that they were indeed working on Bryzgalov’s mask.
On Monday night, @PuckDucky tweeted a picture she said was Drummond’s Bryzgalov mask (right), which appears to be adorned with some awesomely Philly-centric images. Drummond confirms that this is their mask, and we’re pretty eager to see the rest of this it.
The Preamble of the Constitution is clearly visible at the top, with Article 1 starting above a Flyers logo. If I had to guess, I’d say that’s Independence Hall and the Art Museum on the sides. Said to be a big history buff, this might be right up Bryzgalov’s alley.
These particular Philly landmarks have previously been featured on Flyers goalie masks before, with the Art Museum on a previous Martin Biron mask and Independence Hall most recently seen on Bobrovsky’s first Flyers mask. We’re looking forward to seeing how Drummond fills out the rest of the frame.
More pics as they appear.
(seen via Dave Isaac)
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money