Dec 6, 2011, 1:58 AM EDT
Late Monday night, CBS Sports’ Scott Miller reported that the Miami Marlins met with Albert Pujols’ agent (also J-Roll’s) Dan Lozano in Dallas and upped their offer for the likely future Hall of Fame slugging first baseman to nine years.
Miller goes on to write that some of the new Marlins are punch drunk and feeling good about themselves.
“Ryan Howard is hurt. They might not be getting Jimmy Rollins back.”
Talk is cheap, especially in December. But damn. Imagine if they landed King Albert.
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money