Aug 29, 2009, 10:58 AM EST
Sure it’s gimmicky, but if you can’t get a laugh out of 70s nights at MLB ballparks, you may be trying too hard. I chuckled like a Phillies grandma when I saw the pictures of the guys PS’d with ridiculous 70s gear, especially a normally stoic guy like Chase Utley decked out in Saturday Night Fever gear (which, oddly enough, Shane Victorino still rocks).
We also got to see the revival of the Hot Pants Patrol, a moment in Phillies history we wish were celebrated more than once a year.
Never mind that dude on the right, screwing up the frame.
But perhaps the best mash-up moment from last night’s promotion was seeing Ryan Howard decked out in pimp gear, just a second before he got his pimp on, blasting his first of two homers on the night.
We even got to hear Wheels recite the lyrics of Shaft. Next up was Jayson Werth, whom Wheels believed evoked thoughts of the Beatles during their “yoga phase.”
Does that not look familiar, Shane? And, speaking of the Hawaiian…
More Hot Pants Patrol pictures here.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages