Sep 17, 2007, 2:06 AM EST
The Phillies tried to roll out their idea for a “Goosebumps” marketing campaign before this season began. We were unimpressed and scared. On the other side of Pattison Ave, the Eagles appear to be giving their fans more than just goosebumps.
These photos were added to The 700 Level’s flickr group last week and I decided to email the flickr user to get a better idea for the inspiration behind the photos. The photographer, Cheryl, is a body painter. Her subject — and the huge Eagles fan — is Pam. We tracked Pam down for some questions.
The700Level: What was the inspiration behind this paint job? And why Kearse, he seems like an unlikely choice?
Pam: I wish I had some interesting inspiration as to why I chose to do this.
It’s as simple as catching up with a friend! Also, being painted feels
awesome! It’s almost therapeutic! I originally was planning on her
doing McNabb, buuuut, she talked me out of it! I don’t mind supporting
Kearse, he never seems to let me down week to week.
T7L: Did you wear this in public or to the local bar on game day? Get any good reactions? I’d think you’d be quite popular.
Pam: I don’t go out in public painted either. Those pictures were taken at
Cheryl’s house. I don’t think I could do it to be honest! I am
comfortable with my body, but I am not comfortable with the sexual
attention I’m sure I would receive. Maybe for some great seats at a
game I could do it! I have never been to an Eagles game believe it or
not. Being a full-time students, funds are tight and I usually sit at
home with a friend and order in.
T7L: Was this a one time thing or do you plan to make this some sort of Sunday tradition?
Pam: This painting was only done once. Cheryl wanted the practice and I’m
always a willing volunteer. Don’t think it’s going to become a Sunday
tradition because it’s very time consuming! Maybe I’ll show some more
Philly pride when the Flyers start up!
T7L: Somebody get this nice young lady tickets to an Eagles game, pronto.
Thanks to Pam for the Q&A. Her myspace can be found here. And for the record, she predicts the Eagles will win by a David Akers field goal tonight against the ‘Skins.
And if one of you ladies out there wants to show your spirit, the artist can be reached at
Cheryl Painter, About Face- Face Painting, Burlington, NJ 609-668-1619.
|Pipes on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Nick on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|robert dolbow on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Handsome Pete on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages