Apr 28, 2008, 6:28 PM EDT
The Canadiens converge on South Philly tonight, where the block party has already begun and the fans are gearing up for playoff hockey. Due to this, we don’t have the clearest memory of game 2, but we do recall that RJ Umberger led the way on the score sheet, and he now has three goals in the first two games of the series, exemplifying again that this Flyers team is deep with scoring talent. We wondered who might step up with Mike Knuble out, and so far, Umbie hasn’t shied away. The amount of young talent on this team continues to impress me.
Marty Biron had another spectacular night in net, finding a way to be in position for nearly every shot that came his way, and he’s held control of most rebounds as well. I probably sound like a broken record, but he’ll need to stay just as sharp, and the Flyers will have to win as many even strength battles as they can without too many trips to the box.
In a hockey town like Philly, it gets no better than tonight’s atmosphere. The fans will certainly be ready, and all signs point to the team being fired up as well. After all, we wouldn’t want to disappoint Stormy, the lass pictured above, who has been named WMMR’s hottest Flyers fan.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money