Jul 30, 2009, 8:00 PM EST
The Phillies are in San Fran this evening trying to shake off last night’s Cliff Lee hangover. They’ll kick of a four game set against the Giants with the first three being late night starts on the right coast before a 4:05er on Sunday. Rodrigo Lopez, who is the likely odd man out despite having not lost yet as a Phillies starter, will take the hill for perhaps his last start. With Lee being added to the mix, most think that J.A. Happ will move to the pen to make room in the rotation. Throw Pedro Martinez into the mix in a week or so and that could leave Lopez without a chair to sit in. But, as every baseball person likes to say, that’s a good problem for the Phillies to have. [video of Carla below]
The Giants will go with Jonathan Sanchez who has struggled on the year with a record of 3-9. He’s faced the Phils five previous times but only once as a starter.
Hopefully the Phillies can bounce back from an uncharacteristically slow night at the plate last night and finish up their west coast swing strong.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Carla changed her tune (but not her bikini) real quick regarding Roy Halladay. She seems pretty happy Cliff Lee is coming to town.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages