Jan 20, 2009, 5:29 PM EST
Just a few weeks ago, Philly fans had tonight's basketball contest with the Memphis Grizzlies highlighted as a game to look forward to due to a certain scorer coming back to face the team he made his bones with for all of those years. Well, the Allen Iverson in Memphis experiment was even more short-lived than any hater A.I. hater could have expected. Instead of welcoming back the Answer to the Wachovia Center this evening, the Philly faithful will get the chance to watch Mike Conley, O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, and Pau Gasol's younger brother take on the red hot Sixers team coming off a last second victory over the fierce Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday.
Back to Iverson for a minute, it looks like the Knicks — the team most people guessed A.I. would end up with — appear to be passing on bringing Bubba Chuck to New York to entertain their fans for the rest of a season.
“We’re not going to be making additions at this time to our team,” [Donnie Walsh]
said. “So I guess that ends the speculation about Allen Iverson. It
really has nothing to do with Allen Iverson. It’s just a stage that our
team is in right now: what we’ve been trying to do since we got here in
building a team for the future. It did get interesting for a while
because Allen’s a great player, has always been a great player.
The Iverson watch will surely continue in Philadelphia. Could A.I. be eating at Houlihan's and getting kicked out of the Trop on a regular basis before we know it? Could be interesting.
As for the Sixers, it should be interesting to see how Elton Brand responds to his big game on Wednesday when he saw the court for much more time than he has all season. He didn't just get big minutes, he put up big numbers. Can the million dollar man put in back to back big games?
Tip is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages