Sep 23, 2009, 3:55 PM EST
The Sixers opened up the Wachovia Center this afternoon and welcomed all fans to come watch as the 2009-2010 jersey's were unveiled. As Elton Brand put it, "It's about tradition." Sixers GM Ed Stefanksi spoke about the great history behind the iconic logo that they're returning to, bringing up legendary players who sported similar uniforms in the past — guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Moses Malone, Julius Erving, and Charles Barkley.
Thaddeus Young and Elton Brand walked the runway down the steps and onto the stage modeling the new unis. I have to say I'm partial to the red road versions myself. After Thad and Elton spoke, they took the time to give autographs to any fan who purchased some Sixers gear from the team store. I just so happened to have bought myself a lid. [photos below + Sixers dancers]
Not being a jersey-wearer myself, I picked up an all white 76ers cap that I thought would make for a good backdrop against the black sharpies. Thad and Elton were yucking it up with fans and seemed generally excited to be there, even taking photos with kids (and grown men) who asked for a shot.
My souvenir autographed hat.
One interesting note from the day: Don't be shocked if the uniforms you saw today receive a tweak either later in the season or before the start of the 2010-2011 campaign. From someone with the Sixers who I talked to, there may be a minor tweak to the coloring of the "SIXERS" font and numbering, perhaps an outline of some sort. Nothing confirmed but I'd expect the current iteration to be slightly different down the road.
Oh, and these lovely ladies were all smiles.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages