Feb 22, 2010, 5:49 PM EST
And things were looking so up for the Sixers just 24 hours ago. John Hollinger of ESPN had been writing that the Sixers might have, against all appearances, actually been a top ten team in the league, while Kevin Pelton had been raving about their improved defense and newfound playoff chances. After last night's game against the Bulls–which went badly, if you haven't heard–Rob Mahoney is now writing about how the team's hot streak was hollow and now the reality about team's miserable future is going to be hard to ignore. Funny how losing by 45 points to an undermanned team changes one's short-term outlook.
The good news? Tonight the Sixers get to face the Celtics in Boston, looking to win their 14th game in a row. Hands up if you're feeling a bounceback game!
Maybe the Sixers will get up for this one a little more, given the most recent history between the two teams. In arguably the worst of the team's many bad end-of-game losses this season, the Liberty Ballers blew a one-point lead against the C's as Kevin Garnett leaked out for a largely-uncontested layup in the game's closing seconds. Will it be enough to spur the boys to an upset of the best team in the NBA, on the road, after getting their hearts and gentials cruelly ripped out by a starting lineup that included 38-year-old Kurt Thomas? Yes. Absolutely. Book it. You heard it here first.
7:30 tip from the Not-Garden. Last one before the holidays, so get your fix in now, lest you spend your entire Christmas season fretting about how Evan Turner can possibly one-up his 2-11, six-point effort last night. Good question.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages