Jan 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
John Hollinger released some updated playoff odds based on his own power rankings today that are pretty intriguing for Sixers fans. Yeah, we’ve watched this team all season and see how they can beat the crap out of piss poor teams like the Wizards, and they can hang with solid teams like the Denver Nugets, but in the back of our mind we all don’t think they’re quite ready to contend for an NBA title just yet. Right?
Well, maybe not. At least according to Hollinger’s odds. His calculations have the odds of the Sixers making the playoffs at 100% (!), winning the division at 98.8% (!), making it to the NBA Finals at 26% (!), and winning it all at 17.8% (!).
Only one team in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls, have better odds than the Sixers. We want to invite John Hollinger over for beers. Maybe he’ll bring some of whatever his computer system is smoking.
Still, this Sixers team is legit if you haven’t picked up on that by now. And Doug Collins? Computers loooove Doug Collins.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money