Oct 19, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
The Sixers preseason slate continues this evening with their first ever trip to the Barclays Center in the heart of Brooklyn, New York.
Now, the interest in the Nets move to Brooklyn may vary quite a bit among you, but given that my sister lives just a few blocks away from the new venue, I’m likely a bit more intrigued at the transition than many of you. I certainly hope to get up there for a game or two this season.
As you can see in the above video and read in Grantland’s article titled, “How Jay-Z and the Brooklyn Nets took over the New York borough,” the team’s arrival is a pretty big deal to those in close proximity.
The whole marketing the team as BROOKLYN and tossing on the Nets seemingly after the fact is a bit odd at first, but makes quite a bit of sense given the history of the Nets franchise.
While the Sixers will be sans Evan Turner and Kwame Brown in the lineup this evening (rest), we’ll have our own Andrew Unterberger up in the Barclays Center tonight for Philadelphia’s first run in the new building. So look for some reactions from him at some point following the game.
The majority of the words we’ve seen written about the new building have been quite positive — we especially enjoyed the clips from Do the Right Thing on the jumbotron — so check back for AU’s take.
We doubt he’ll get to take a ride on the elevator for busses, sadly.
This was a first: The #Sixers bus took an elevator down to the loading dock at the Barclays Center (didn’t even know bus elevators existed).
— Michael Preston (@preston76) October 19, 2012
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages