Sep 1, 2011, 2:58 PM EST
Bocce! You’ve probably played it at the beach or at your summer BBQ, but now you can play it in an organized league (!). A good friend of mine who I became friends with while living in Washington, DC from 2007-2009 is the founder of the DC Bocce League that has over 2,000 people who played in their league this summer. They’re expanding and bringing bocce to Philadelphia this fall.
You obviously don’t need to be as athletic as DeSean Jackson or Hunter Pence to play bocce. And you certainly don’t need to be athletic at all to take part in the post-game beer drinking. There are bar specials after every game and you even get a t-shirt! It’s a great chance to get out and do something different, meet some new people, play some bocce, and drink some beers.
Games this fall will take place at Starr Garden Recreation Center located at 7th & Lombard.
More Info: Major League Bocce: Philly
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages