Jun 16, 2013, 8:09 AM EDT
I’m gonna warn you, I’m about to talk about fashion (if you can call it that) for a little bit. I stopped myself before getting all academic on you and talking about signaling class and “conspicuous leisure” and all, so take solace in that.
The U.S. Open is coming to a close, meaning that the Main Line can calm the hell down, and you won’t have to warp zone your way to Ardmore from Rosemont. But in case you want to dress like it’s tee-off all summer long, the U.S. Open store is on it. From polos in every color of the rainbow to $80 totebags that you’re not actually allowed to bring to the U.S. Open, you’ll have a wardrobe so versatile that will take you everywhere from the golf course to… the brunch right after you play golf. That outfit on the left manages to combine seersucker, madras, and a popped collar—triple prep score!
Merchandise includes specially created U.S. Open clothes by brands such as Ralph Lauren, Lilly Pulitzer, and Vineyard Vines because of course it does. Sadly this ridiculous hat did not make the cut, which is a real oversight on the part of whoever picks out what to sell at the Open. But I’ll cut them some slack because between the constant rainstorms and the Caddyshack gopher showing up, it’s been quite a U.S. Open to deal with.
[For more of the Level's U.S. Open coverage click here]
You can follow Laura Swartz on Twitter here.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return