Jun 16, 2013, 8:09 AM EDT
I’m gonna warn you, I’m about to talk about fashion (if you can call it that) for a little bit. I stopped myself before getting all academic on you and talking about signaling class and “conspicuous leisure” and all, so take solace in that.
The U.S. Open is coming to a close, meaning that the Main Line can calm the hell down, and you won’t have to warp zone your way to Ardmore from Rosemont. But in case you want to dress like it’s tee-off all summer long, the U.S. Open store is on it. From polos in every color of the rainbow to $80 totebags that you’re not actually allowed to bring to the U.S. Open, you’ll have a wardrobe so versatile that will take you everywhere from the golf course to… the brunch right after you play golf. That outfit on the left manages to combine seersucker, madras, and a popped collar—triple prep score!
Merchandise includes specially created U.S. Open clothes by brands such as Ralph Lauren, Lilly Pulitzer, and Vineyard Vines because of course it does. Sadly this ridiculous hat did not make the cut, which is a real oversight on the part of whoever picks out what to sell at the Open. But I’ll cut them some slack because between the constant rainstorms and the Caddyshack gopher showing up, it’s been quite a U.S. Open to deal with.
[For more of the Level's U.S. Open coverage click here]
You can follow Laura Swartz on Twitter here.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money