Jun 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
You don’t see a hole in one every day. You see even fewer that are sunk by accident.
That’s the best I can describe what Shawn Stefani did on Sunday. His ace on 17 – the first ever in a U.S. Open at Merion – was an awesome moment. Setfani celebrated like he just clinched the championship even though he was about to finish the tournament +19, and everybody who was there appreciated the fact they had witnessed something special. It was a friggin’ hole in one.
But it wasn’t a good shot, at least not in the traditional sense. Stefani flew the ball into a patch of rough off to the left of the green where it took one of the most fortuitous bounces you’ll ever see, then proceeded to roll down a slope and – eventually – into the hole all the way at the other end.
We should all be so lucky. Menta has more on Stefani’s historic shot and reaction for CSN:
[ for more of the Level's U.S. Open coverage click here ]
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Matt S. on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages