Jun 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
You don’t see a hole in one every day. You see even fewer that are sunk by accident.
That’s the best I can describe what Shawn Stefani did on Sunday. His ace on 17 – the first ever in a U.S. Open at Merion – was an awesome moment. Setfani celebrated like he just clinched the championship even though he was about to finish the tournament +19, and everybody who was there appreciated the fact they had witnessed something special. It was a friggin’ hole in one.
But it wasn’t a good shot, at least not in the traditional sense. Stefani flew the ball into a patch of rough off to the left of the green where it took one of the most fortuitous bounces you’ll ever see, then proceeded to roll down a slope and – eventually – into the hole all the way at the other end.
We should all be so lucky. Menta has more on Stefani’s historic shot and reaction for CSN:
[ for more of the Level's U.S. Open coverage click here ]
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money