Feb 15, 2012, 2:37 AM EST
Tuesday night was one of those rare occurrences lately when both the Flyers and Sixers had the night off. There were no live sports to watch in the Philly sports scene but there was that dog show which so many people seem to get caught up in every year.
It’s one of those things we can absolutely say we have no idea why people are into it. None. I mean, look at that thing that won.
smushed-in face frames a mop of flyaway fur and whose pace rivals a
snail’s, is the fairest dog in the land.
The Peke put on a peak performance Tuesday night, wobbling off with best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
That thing looks like the kind of dog you’d watch for your ex-wife when she and her boyfriend go to Hawaii. You certainly don’t take it bowling or buy it a fucking beer.
My favorite fact from the AP story: this was that dog’s 115th best in show victory. Basically, he never gets to scrounge through the trash or chase squirrels because all he does is compete in dog shows. Poor guy.
|BenE. on Watch Roy Halladay’s ret…|
|zorbo on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|Franchise on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
|connorgreg on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages