Feb 15, 2012, 2:37 AM EST
Tuesday night was one of those rare occurrences lately when both the Flyers and Sixers had the night off. There were no live sports to watch in the Philly sports scene but there was that dog show which so many people seem to get caught up in every year.
It’s one of those things we can absolutely say we have no idea why people are into it. None. I mean, look at that thing that won.
smushed-in face frames a mop of flyaway fur and whose pace rivals a
snail’s, is the fairest dog in the land.
The Peke put on a peak performance Tuesday night, wobbling off with best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
That thing looks like the kind of dog you’d watch for your ex-wife when she and her boyfriend go to Hawaii. You certainly don’t take it bowling or buy it a fucking beer.
My favorite fact from the AP story: this was that dog’s 115th best in show victory. Basically, he never gets to scrounge through the trash or chase squirrels because all he does is compete in dog shows. Poor guy.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return