Jun 24, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
This is like a week old but I was on vacation and am just seeing it today and feel like one of you may want to invite the Level crew and probably half of our readers over for one giant booze-filled block party in the near future. Because someone stole a shit ton of booze from the U.S. Open last week.
Come on, you can tell us, was it you? We won’t snitch.
Someone stole about $10,000 worth of alcohol from the tournament’s Trophy Club tent on Tuesday, according to Haverford Township police. The Open took place at Merion Golf Club last Thursday through Sunday.
The Trophy Club is “an exclusive on-site, air-conditioned pavilion with live U.S. Open coverage located at Haverford College, approximately 400 yards from the clubhouse parking area and the 18th hole at Merion Golf Club,” the U.S. Open’s spectator guide says.
We asked our U.S. Open correspondent about the Trophy Club and he had very little to add, except that he tried to park there on the Monday of tourney week and was denied entrance and they weren’t very nice about it.
Country Clubs, psh.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages