12 great photos from a snowy Army-Navy game in Philly, plus a successful cheerleader marriage proposal
Dec 16, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
If the now legendary Snow Bowl between the Eagles and Lions taught us anything it’s that people love photos of football in the snow. Couple a snowy affair in South Philadelphia with the pageantry of the Army-Navy game and you’ve got yourself a nice little photo gallery from this weekend.
I was happy to see the Midshipmen hold on for the comfortable win on Saturday. Pop would have enjoyed the victory.
Oh, and there was a marriage proposal at the Linc on the sidelines with one of the Navy cheerleaders. The guy proposing coordinated the cheer cards that read “will you marry me?” on the sideline to the Bruce Channel classic “Hey Baby! I want to know-ohhhh-oooooow, if you’ll be my girl” song.
According to the YouTube page of “Jared Wilson,” his proposal to Katie Dennis went well and he “couldn’t be happier :)”
I guess he was a Navy fan.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money