Dec 5, 2012, 1:19 PM EST
In honor of our Fearless Leader’s alma mater, it’s been requested that I put together a list of what BC students, alums and fans should expect from their new head coach.
In 15 easy bullet points, a quick getting-to-know Steve Addazio:
• He will be loud. His press conferences will frequently be loud.
• He will be very excited. He will probably get you excited. It will be hard not to get excited.
• He’ll talk about being a northeast guy at northeast school and about wanting to settle in the northeast region.
• To that end, you will keep a keep a very close watch on the coaching situation at UConn.
• He will run the ball. A lot.
• His offensive coordinator will run the ball. A lot. Ryan Day is already in Boston, according to the Inqy’s Keith Pompey.
• He will have four keys to winning every football game:
1) Establish the run
2) Play great defense
3) Play outstanding on special teams
4) Don’t turn the ball over.
You will be able to recite those keys verbatim in relatively short order.
• He will probably recruit a dual-threat quarterback to oversee a power run game crossed with a spread-option attack.
• You will hear all you’ve ever wanted to hear about tough, hard-nosed, smash-mouth, physical football.
• Losses will be couched with the idea that the other team is in substantially more pain than they were before the game, specifically because of your football team, and not the general undertaking of the game itself.
• He will appear as if he has no idea what’s going on with conference realignment, but he will assure you that the administration has it covered.
• This will extend to any big-picture question asked on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday — the three days he will have media availability. Once you get into those Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, you’ll just be so focused on what you’re doing in practice, you won’t have time to worry about all that other sh… stuff.
• He will come very close to swearing while at the podium after games. After wins, especially if they wind up few and far between, he will crack.
• He will be surprisingly honest, at times. He will tell you exactly what he’s thinking, at times. At other times, he will lie through his teeth. He’s a college football coach.
• There will never, ever be injury updates, though it’s possible there will be a depth chart. I stress the word possible.
And now, I pass Steve Addazio onto you, Enrico. Good luck, BC.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages