Sep 10, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Joe Posnanski’s New York Times’ best-selling book, Paterno, is rumored to be turned into a motion picture with none other than Al Pacino being talked about to play the role of JoePa. Deadline New York reported the news over the weekend:
ICM Partners next week will be taking a package for a movie about former Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno, with Al Pacino
attached to play the man called JoePa by most students at Happy Valley.
The package will be built around Joe Posnanski’s biography Paterno, which is now atop The New York Times Bestseller List in its second week. Pacino’s manager, Rick Nicita, will produce.
They add that there is no official deal and no script just yet.
While many have tired of the media onslaught surrounding the Jerry Sandusky catastrophe at State College, Joe Paterno’s legacy remains one of the most polarizing topics in recent sports memory.
Pacino has obviously played the role of a football coach before when he gave one of the most quoted sports movie speeches of all time in Any Given Sunday in his solid work as Tony D’Amato.
I’d have to say that a Pacino-as-Paterno possibility makes me a tad more interested in the project than if anybody else were rumored in the role.
Does a movie based on Posnanski’s book interest you at all? I’d at least watch in when/if it came to TV audiences.
Plus, a movie about Penn State football has to be more entertaining than watching actual Penn State football these days.
via CBS Sports
|BenE. on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|BenE. on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|letsgoFlyers on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|Matt Nowak on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money