Nov 16, 2011, 11:46 PM EST
We mentioned earlier that this was a possibility. And now, two field goals—one missed, one made, and neither in the right way for the Owls—have put Temple out of the running to reach the MAC Championship game in Detroit.
Given Ohio’s victory over Bowling Green and Miami (OH)’s loss to Western Michigan, all of the scenarios previously described have been rendered irrelevant.
The best the Owls can hope for now is a bowl bid as either the third best team in the MAC or an at-large invitee. The latter possibility is, after all, how Temple found its way to the Eagle Bank Bowl in 2009. If neither opportunity should pan out, the last two games will serve only as a disappointing goodbye to the current senior class, and a fascinating case study in the evolution of sophomore quarterback Chris Coyer.
Up next for the time being, the Owls will be back in action this Saturday when they host Army. Kick-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Lincoln Financial Field and can be heard on 1210 AM.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages