Nov 16, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
We mentioned earlier that this was a possibility. And now, two field goals—one missed, one made, and neither in the right way for the Owls—have put Temple out of the running to reach the MAC Championship game in Detroit.
Given Ohio’s victory over Bowling Green and Miami (OH)’s loss to Western Michigan, all of the scenarios previously described have been rendered irrelevant.
The best the Owls can hope for now is a bowl bid as either the third best team in the MAC or an at-large invitee. The latter possibility is, after all, how Temple found its way to the Eagle Bank Bowl in 2009. If neither opportunity should pan out, the last two games will serve only as a disappointing goodbye to the current senior class, and a fascinating case study in the evolution of sophomore quarterback Chris Coyer.
Up next for the time being, the Owls will be back in action this Saturday when they host Army. Kick-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Lincoln Financial Field and can be heard on 1210 AM.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return