Mar 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
All it took for the La Salle Explorers to become the talk of the entire world was a simple answer to a question from the funky-suit-wearing Craig Sager. What do you call that final shot that propelled your team into the Sweet 16?
“That’s the Southwest Philly Floater,” Tyrone Garland answered.
Both “Southwest Philly Floater” and “Tyrone Garland” became worldwide trending topics on Twitter within minutes.
Vern Bern — who also received a shoutout from the smiley kid who hit the game winner — never made it it to the trending levels.
In case you live under a rock, Garland hit the game winner with just seconds left to help the Explorers beat Ole Miss 76-74. (recap)
You’ll be able to pickup your “Southwest Philly Floater” t-shirts tomorrow from your local street salesman.
Congratulations to the La Salle Explorers on their magical run over the past week. They’re the only team to win three games in the NCAA tournament this week and they’re still dancing.
USA Today Sports photos
GIF below by @dhm
UPDATED: Here’s awesome video from the stands:
Here’s more from Gardland: “Remeber when you were little on the playground and you used to do ’5, 4, 3, 2, 1…’”
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return