Oct 12, 2011, 10:55 AM EDT
An overnight report from Jim Williams of the Washington Examiner has Temple and the University of Central Florida on their way to the Big East. Roughly twelve hours later, the report has remained unconfirmed.
The news came on the heels of a piece in Tuesday’s New York Post suggesting Temple and Boise State invitations were “imminent.”
This morning’s Boston Globe stresses “that no official invitations have been mailed to anyone yet, but Central Florida and Temple could still be invited in the next few days.”
Meanwhile, the Washington Post is painting a grim picture for the conference’s potential inclusion of service academies Army, Navy and Air Force.
We’ll do our best to keep on top of the situation over the next few days and update when we can get something—if anything—credible.
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money