Jan 26, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
Meet Bruiser Flint. He screams like a mad man, says whatever he wants and is somehow the only coach in the country who is allowed to stand anywhere from 15-20 feet on the floor as the game is in progress.
“I think we’re the best team in Philly,” Flint said after Drexel won its eighth straight game. “I think we can beat anybody in the city, and I’m not just saying that. I think we can do it.
“And honestly? If you ask them guys? I think without hesitation they’ll say (the same thing). I think we can beat all those teams. I think we’ve proven it. When we have good teams, we can beat teams in the city. I think that’s been proven.”
Unfortunately for Flint and Dragons, Drexel lost its only intra-city matchup this year to the Saint Joseph’s Hawks back in November. Though, as Reuben Frank is correct to point out in his recap of the team’s 68-46 win over Georgia State last evening, “the Dragons were banged up early in the year and still finding their way.”
“I get the whole Drexel-Philly thing,” said Flint, the former St. Joe’s star now in his 11th year at Drexel. “We’ve always got to make everybody believe, because nobody thinks we should be as good as the other teams in the city.
“I get that. But I get (mad) because I don’t think people have been watching. Because our conference is just as good as the Atlantic 10. And in order for us to be a good team in the (Colonial Athletic Association), then we should be able to beat the other teams in the city.
“And that’s the thing that probably (ticks) me off more than anything else. OK? How can you look at us and say they were picked to win their conference, and they’re doing well, and they’re (considered inferior to) teams that are picked in the middle of the pack in their conference. So that’s the thing for me. What are you looking at?
“And we haven’t just started. We’ve actually been pretty good against the city teams the last five or six years against them. But you know. It’s just fuel for the fire a little bit. I like that. And I respect all the Philly schools. You know that. they’ve got great coaches, got great players, but I get it.”
Consider this the last article we write discussing Drexel as anything less than equal to its City 6 rivals. We like Bruiser Flint too much (and, frankly, are too scared of him) to want to make him angry.
|Rusty on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|D Rock on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|Porter on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|solidsender on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages