Apr 12, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Just like teammate and fellow junior Maalik Wayns less than one month before him, Dominic Cheek announced Thursday he will be leaving Villanova University after three years in order to enter the NBA draft.
While there’s the potential for some lively debate as to whether or not Wayns will get drafted, Cheek almost assuredly will not, meaning he’ll be looking, sooner or later, for a gig overseas. He told reporters at a Thursday press conference that the decision was made in an effort to help his family’s financial situation and to support his grandmother.
With Wayns and Cheek gone, the Wildcats could look a little green next year with Mouph Yarou and Mo Sutton as the only seniors.
That is, of course, if the Wildcats can’t nab a transfer to add depth to the newly open spots backcourt.
Tony Chennault, for example, is leaving Wake Forrest for family reasons of his own and could possibly be ruled eligible for an NCAA hardship waiver, which would allow him to play for a new school next year as a junior without having to sit out a season.
ZagsBlog.com (via VU Hoops) is reporting that Chennault is now considering five schools — Villanova, Saint Joseph’s, Drexel, Seton Hall and Delaware. The three city schools would obviously be the closest to his Philadelphia home, making Villanova seem like a most attractive option as a Big East school with openings in the backcourt. In two years as a Demon Deacon, he averaged 7.5 points and 2.5 assists per game in 46 contests.
ZagsBlog is also reporting that Villanova is expected to host Rice freshman guard Dylan Ennis this weekend, though Ennis wouldn’t be able to see the floor until the Fall of 2013.
|Marvin Monroe on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola