Jun 21, 2012, 10:55 AM EST
BCS commissioners announced on Wednesday evening that they had reached an agreement on a model for a four-team, seeded playoff. Specifics are still sparse, but we know more than one formula will be up for consideration when the commissioners take the proposal to university presidents, who ultimately decide the plan’s fate.
If the proposal is finalized, college football could be crowning an “undisputed” champion as early as the 2014 season.
The basic gist of the “plus-one” system is four teams are chosen to meet in two bowl games, with the winners participating in the National Championship game. I have my doubts that this will result in a perfect solution, especially until we hear how the four teams involved will be selected, but it’s a huge step in the right direction.
This is what the people have been clamoring for since the inception of the BCS. Will a playoff format remove all doubt over who is the best team in the land, and more importantly, does that increase your interest in college football?
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages