Jun 21, 2012, 10:55 AM EST
BCS commissioners announced on Wednesday evening that they had reached an agreement on a model for a four-team, seeded playoff. Specifics are still sparse, but we know more than one formula will be up for consideration when the commissioners take the proposal to university presidents, who ultimately decide the plan’s fate.
If the proposal is finalized, college football could be crowning an “undisputed” champion as early as the 2014 season.
The basic gist of the “plus-one” system is four teams are chosen to meet in two bowl games, with the winners participating in the National Championship game. I have my doubts that this will result in a perfect solution, especially until we hear how the four teams involved will be selected, but it’s a huge step in the right direction.
This is what the people have been clamoring for since the inception of the BCS. Will a playoff format remove all doubt over who is the best team in the land, and more importantly, does that increase your interest in college football?
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages