Sep 28, 2011, 11:37 AM EST
This week’s Comment of the Week Sponsored by Misconduct Tavern comes with the Temple Owls destroying the Maryland Terps and their wacky uniforms over the weekend.
Also, don’t forget about our The700Level.com Meetup and Eagles Game Watch
on December 1st at Misconduct, located at 15th and Locust in Center
City. $3 beer specials along with a $3 bar snack menu. Come hang with
the Levelers and watch some Iggles football.
This week’s winner of a $40 gift card to Misconduct is Uncle Mike, commenting on Maryland’s uniforms and how you can’t just wear whatever you want.:
No, you CAN’T wear whatever you want. Temple could be dressed helmet to cleats in cherry-red and still be the better-dressed team. They could wear the Phillies’ old powder-blue road togs, the Eagles’ early ’70s white helmets with green wings, any number of 76ers monstrosities, or even the Flyers’ 1980s uniforms, complete with the long pants, and still be the better-dressed team. But the design you’ve shown above is still better than the last one. Maryland’s State flag looks sharp on a flagpole, but not on a football uniform.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages