Aug 17, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
After missing the entirety of last season with fractures in both his feet, former Temple Owl Craig Williams is making the move to TCU. The 6-9 power forward will complete his final year of eligibility as a member of the Horned Frogs.
A three-point specialist, Williams was used for the better part of two seasons in a limited role off the bench. His minutes declined in the 2009-2010 season after his percentage from behind the arc dropped from 40% to just 32.6%. Given his limited development in the post, lack of defensive rebounds and inability to effectively crash the boards after jacking an errant three, Williams became expendable once he stopped knocking down from long range.
Nonetheless a fan favorite thanks to his unique personality and outgoing exploits, Williams generally drew cheers from the Temple students when stepping onto the floor. They sounded something like this:
Later days, big guy.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money