Dec 4, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
If you’re one of those people in the Philadelphia area who has to wake up really early in the morning — like, before 10:00 am — and have to sit in traffic while maneuvering an automobile while attempting to drink enough coffee as to not be a total zombie on your way to a fun day of work in that cubicle, then you’re familiar with the Preston and Steve show on 93.3 WMMR.
The radio show crew is over at Xfinity Live this week for their annual Camp Out for Hunger where they do tremendous work for the great Philabundance organization. Also, as the name suggests, some of those crazy dudes actually sleep in an RV for like a week.
One of the fun things they did to help promote the cause and encourage people to get involved this year was to get the coaches from all of the City 6 schools to come on down on Tuesday and compete in a Pop-a-Shot tournament.
The University of Pennsylvania’s Jerome Allen was given the No. 1 seed because he played in the NBA which is clearly a mistake by the committee. You want the guy with minimal basketball experience who instead opted to spend his college days in a nice dingy bar.
And coaches, here’s a tip from a professional blogger: bank shot. Always the bank shot.
Villanova University’s Jay Wright appeared to have a sweet stroke but much like his team in the big dance, they caved in the later rounds. It was the Drexel Dragons’ Bruiser Flint who took home the trophy which just so happened to be a “bronzed” athletic supporter.
Let’s hope it doesn’t carry the same traditions as the cup they win in the NHL.
More info on the Camp Out for Hunger here.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money