May 30, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
The secret to success — let your international travel documents expire.
It worked for Matt Brown.
Brown, a 5-foot-5 five running back and returner from Temple who left the program No. 2 all-time in all-purpose yards, agreed to a deal with the Saskatchewan Roughriders two weeks ago, but apparently never signed the contract. Now he’s a member of the Tampa Bay Bucs.
The Inqy’s Keith Pompey reported Wednesday night:
Brown was scheduled to fly to Saskatchewan on Tuesday to sign it. However, he was unable to board the plane in Baltimore due to an expired passport.
While Brown was in Philadelphia Wednesday morning to get his passport renewed, the Bucs contacted his agent to express interest. So he flew to Florida to sign a contract with Tampa Bay Wednesday night instead.
Hats off to members of the Tampa Bay media, who now have a quote whenever they need it. Matt can talk. And it’s usually entertaining.
For example, this was once a kid who couldn’t even get Division I attention until he told a teammate getting recruited by Temple to hook him up with the Owls because “they suck.”
— Kyle Gauss (@kylegauss) May 30, 2013
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages