Mar 23, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
He exhibits the on-court demeanor of a borderline sociopath, shoots with no regard for efficiency, openly shit talks opposing players and coaches, and looks like Sid from Toy Story.
He’s Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson and he meets La Salle on Sunday.
If you’re unfamiliar with his body of work — SEC basketball doesn’t get a ton of play in Philadelphia — Henderson leads the 12-seed Rebels with 20 points per game. That’s the least entertaining thing about him. Let’s dive right in.
Here he is (via gifulmation) doing the Gator Chomp during the second half of the SEC title game against Florida:
Here he is doing his signature “Land Shark” hand gesture (photo credit USA Today Images):
Here he is trash talking a fake Twitter account allegedly belonging to Kentucky’s Ryan Harrow (bear in mind this is not Harrow’s actual account, although Henderson assumed it was):
Here are his postgame remarks from after the aforementioned SEC title game, when he was a bit hung up on his status as an all-conference second-teamer:
Here he is getting chided by LeBron James for going 6-for-21 from the field and 3-for-12 in Ole Miss’ upset of fifth-seeded Wisconsin on Friday:
Man that dude Henderson from Ol Miss got the greenest light in basketball history!! Hahaha.
— LeBron James (@KingJames) March 22, 2013
I SUCK AND GET A LEBRON TWEET!!! HAHAHAHA I DONT WANNA HEAR NOBODY SAY NOTHIN, IVE MADE IT!!!
— marshall henderson (@NativeFlash22) March 22, 2013
Here he is (via TheBigLead) celebrating his upset win over 5-seed Wisconsin on Friday (that’s yesterday) at a McFadden’s in Kansas City:
And here’s La Salle’s D.J. Peterson, already mocking Henderson, after the Explorers knocked off Kansas State on Friday (photo credit USA Today Images):
If you dislike fun, you will hate Marshall Henderson.
|Simmonds17 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
|Enrico Campitelli Jr… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|lew on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|mike on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return