Jan 22, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Multiple reports surfaced on Saturday morning that former Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno had taken a turn for the worse in his battle with lung cancer. There were even some reports in the evening that suggested his passing, in spite of his family’s denials. Those reports were eventually retracted.
Sadly, we now know that the coach is no longer with us. He was 85 years old.
For now, we link you to our friend Kevin McGuire’s thoughts on how he will remember Paterno.
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return