Dec 19, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
You heard Steve Addazio use “Temple TUFF” more often than you needed to over the last two years. Got old.
Thankfully, now that we’re pretty F—ing certain it’s an acronym that contains a F—ing obscenity, we can start F—ing using it properly.
Introduced as the new head coach of Temple football at press conference on Monday, Matt Rhule, an assistant on the staff from 2005-2011, set the record straight:
“I’d like to thank coach Chaney,” he said. “I’ve never really met coach Chaney, but coach Chaney came in and talked to our team a couple years ago, and I’m going to give just the PG version, the scaled-down version [of what he said].
“But it was John Chaney who stood there and told us about Temple TUFF. A lot of people think a lot of people made up Temple TUFF. John Chaney said Temple TUFF to us, and he told us what it meant.
“And it was at that moment that I believe our program changed, that we began to move forward and understand ‘Hey, this is what makes us special. This is what makes our program unique. That we’re going to be different.
“We’re even going to spell TUFF a little bit different. And if anyone wants to talk to me afterwards, I’ll tell you how he taught us that.”
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money