Jun 28, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
He didn’t get drafted Thursday night, but he did say last week that “June 27 won’t be the end of the world no matter which way it goes.”
Well, it’s June 28, and Khalif Wyatt will play for the Sixers’ summer league team in Orlando, a source confirmed Friday. He is also expected to play for the Dallas Mavericks’ summer league team in Vegas.
Sam Hinkie said in his post-draft presser that part of the reason he was delayed in addressing the media was because he was putting the Sixers’ summer league roster together.
A nice little wrinkle, Wyatt will end up playing alongside Sixers first-round pick Michael Carter-Williams.
Wyatt and Carter-Williams went at it in Madison Square Garden last December when Temple upset No. 3 Syracuse. Wyatt scored a game-high 33 points on 8-for-17 shooting and went a perfect 15-for-15 from the free-throw line. MCW, meanwhile, scored 13 points on 3-for-17 shooting and missed eight of his 15 free throws.
Wyatt package from CSN’s Above the Rim show and his Thursday appearance on SportsNite below…
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money