Mar 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Temple and Villanova too. But they’ve done that in the past two decades so that’s not as exciting as the Explorers getting a bid.
La Salle will get the national spotlight as well with one of the play-in games on Wednesday night.
Let’s go Philly.
Villanova (20-13), a No. 9 seed, has been placed in the South region and
will face 8-seed North Carolina (24-10) on Friday in Kansas City, Mo.
Temple (23-9), also a 9-seed, has been placed in the East region and will face NC State (24-10) on Friday in Dayton, Ohio.
Salle (21-9), which had to sweat out Selection Sunday, will face Boise
State (21-10) on Wednesday at 9:10 p.m. in Dayton in one of the First
Four games between 13-seeds. It will be the Explorers’ first NCAA
tournament appearance since 1992.
video via Dom
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money