Apr 26, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Major League Bocce, the nation’s largest organized bocce league, is back in Philadelphia this spring to entertain you and your friends on Wednesday nights or Saturday afternoons. You may recall our coverage of this quirky sport last fall (see our post from September 2011).
Nothing says “friendly competition” like the group’s slogan: “Our Balls Are Harder.”
If you want to challenge their premise or find out what it means check out MajorLeagueBocce.com/Philly to sign up alone or with your crew and toss some bocce balls in the tradition of old Italian men everywhere. Joining Major League Bocce will also make you a part of a growing and hard-partying group of 20- and 30-somethings who have taken to this ancient game in recent years by the thousands.
Here’s what you need to get started:
-You can play either Wednesday nights at 8PM at Penn Park in University City or Saturdays at 2PM at Jefferson Square Park on Washington Avenue. The spring season runs from early May to the end of June.
-Mark June 30th on your calendar to make sure you are free to participate in the season’s huge end-of-season party and bocce tournament.
-Prepare a ball pun to name your bocce team (We’re told “Bocce Balboa” and “Bocce Chicka Bow Wow” are already taken.
-Visit MajorLeagueBocce.com/Philly to sign up as an individual, join a team, or start a new team
-Use this discount code to get 50% off registration and pay only $30: 700BALLS
In addition to friendly competition and the inevitable ball jokes, you’ll enjoy food and beer specials at a local establishment within walking distance of your division’s location.
Registration for the spring season ends May 2nd, so act quickly to set up your best spring yet.
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return