Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won’t get his $10,000
Feb 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
So it turns out this man may not get the $10,000 he deserves, due to something called “rules.” But that doesn’t make it any less awesome.
We’ve all seen the layup, free throw, 3-pointer, halfcourt heave contest at a basketball game. This guy took it to a new level.
This tweet from a 6ABC photographer included the YouTube clip above. He later said that the man won’t get his $10,000 because rules state he has to hit the shot on the first attempt.
Rules are rules, and these things are usually handled by an insurance company that will only pay out prizes if the rules are followed exactly (same as that free hole-in-one car at every golf outing). But the sheer fact that he even got a second shot off before the clock ran out is worth something, right?
Temple University and Phoenixville High School grad Kevin Negandhi of ESPN thinks he should get paid anyway. We can’t help but agree.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return