Nov 19, 2012, 3:34 PM EDT
Just two years after adding Nebraska to reach 12 teams, the
Big Ten will continue expanding their reach. Maryland has agreed to leave the
ACC and become a member of the conference beginning in 2014, and reports are
Rutgers will follow suit by exiting the Big East next.
Poor Big East. Just when they complete all of that wacky expansion
to try and hold their business together, another one bites the dust.
The positive for the Big Ten is they are expanding east into
those coveted larger media markets of New York and D.C. More exposure equals
At least two more additions seems likely in the future.
I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other. It
forsakes tradition, but expansion is inevitable. Maryland and Rutgers aren’t
exactly powerhouses, but they are respectable additions.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money