Nov 19, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
Just two years after adding Nebraska to reach 12 teams, the
Big Ten will continue expanding their reach. Maryland has agreed to leave the
ACC and become a member of the conference beginning in 2014, and reports are
Rutgers will follow suit by exiting the Big East next.
Poor Big East. Just when they complete all of that wacky expansion
to try and hold their business together, another one bites the dust.
The positive for the Big Ten is they are expanding east into
those coveted larger media markets of New York and D.C. More exposure equals
At least two more additions seems likely in the future.
I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other. It
forsakes tradition, but expansion is inevitable. Maryland and Rutgers aren’t
exactly powerhouses, but they are respectable additions.
|galasso2586 on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|Sande weinhold on Michael Carter-Williams leads…|
|rockstonic on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|Mike Miss on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola