Aug 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Don’t worry, Hooter’s not going anywhere. But look at the claws on that thing!
Meet Stella the Owl. Stella is a 3 1/2-year-old, great horned owl from the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, and she was on hand for Temple’s first team scrimmage on Saturday.
Stella is currently expected to grace the Temple sidelines during home games this season. I hear they’re teaching her to screech after first downs (not true).
Here’s a picture of her with head coach Matt Rhule:
And here she is with Tommy Rees and Brian Kelly:
Temple kicks off its season at No. 11 Notre Dame on Saturday, Aug. 31. Preseason reading here.
|2sentz on Fan stretches (on concrete) ri…|
|Wikipedia on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Danny "Daniel" Danso… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Jay Rosehill on Video: Flyers and Capitals eng…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return