Aug 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Don’t worry, Hooter’s not going anywhere. But look at the claws on that thing!
Meet Stella the Owl. Stella is a 3 1/2-year-old, great horned owl from the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, and she was on hand for Temple’s first team scrimmage on Saturday.
Stella is currently expected to grace the Temple sidelines during home games this season. I hear they’re teaching her to screech after first downs (not true).
Here’s a picture of her with head coach Matt Rhule:
And here she is with Tommy Rees and Brian Kelly:
Temple kicks off its season at No. 11 Notre Dame on Saturday, Aug. 31. Preseason reading here.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money