Mar 26, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
NBC10 caught up with La Salle guard Ty Garland’s now famous Cousin Bern on the playground where the Southwest Philly Floater was honed. He talked about the pair of cousins balling all day as youngsters and explained the now famous shot.
“All the Floater is, it’s a little guy shot. You make the adjustments, it’s something that can’t be simulated on the court.
It’s all about putting arc on the ball, getting over the defender,” he
said. “Every good guard from Southwest Philly had one, so we started
calling it that shot.”
Sadly, we only get one quick soundbite from Cousin Bernard Tyler, but 97.5 the Fanatic also had a solid interview with him yesterday.
If you want to hear more from Garland himself, he was on 94 WIP yesterday and shared some great stories about playground ball in Philly.
|Andrew Kulp on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages