Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
9 Temple (23-9, 11-5 A-10) vs. 8 NC State (24-10, 9-7 ACC)
Time: 1:40 p.m.
Channel: TBS (Very funny.)
Place: University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, Ohio
Please not another One-and-Dunph: Temple is one of only eight programs in the country — along with Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan State and Wisconsin — that has made the NCAA Tournament in each of the last six seasons. Of course, they haven’t enjoyed much success when they’ve gotten there, winning only one game in their last five trips (and even that required a last-second make against an inferior opponent). Head coach Fran Dunphy has gotten his team to the tournament 15 times in 24 years but owns just a 2-14 record.
What they’re dealing with: N.C. State forwards combine for 27.6 points and 18.1 rebounds per game and shoot a combined 53.8 percent from the field. Leslie leads the team in scoring with 14.7 points per game and Howell led the ACC this season with 10.7 rebounds per game. As for the rest of the team the Wolfpack scoring the fifth most points in country (77.5) on the fifth-best shooting percentage (49.4) and the 12th-best three-point percentage (39.3 percent).
The Owls win if… they’re not overly passive, don’t stand around on offense,
don’t settle for bad jumpers and don’t just generally fold — the usual tourney
strategy. Temple’s defense has been lax all year and N.C. State scores the fifth-most points in the country, so the offense has to keep pace.
This infographic displayed in the practice facility should also come into play:
>> NCAA scouting report: 8 N.C. State vs. 9 Temple [Me]
>> Temple’s Anthony Lee expected to play Friday [Gonzo]
>> Temple’s keys vs. N.C. State: Hollis-Jefferson and Randall [Me]
>> Temple seniors out to reverse their tourney history [Me]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money