Mar 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
9 Temple (23-9, 11-5 A-10) vs. 8 NC State (24-10, 9-7 ACC)
Time: 1:40 p.m.
Channel: TBS (Very funny.)
Place: University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, Ohio
Please not another One-and-Dunph: Temple is one of only eight programs in the country — along with Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan State and Wisconsin — that has made the NCAA Tournament in each of the last six seasons. Of course, they haven’t enjoyed much success when they’ve gotten there, winning only one game in their last five trips (and even that required a last-second make against an inferior opponent). Head coach Fran Dunphy has gotten his team to the tournament 15 times in 24 years but owns just a 2-14 record.
What they’re dealing with: N.C. State forwards combine for 27.6 points and 18.1 rebounds per game and shoot a combined 53.8 percent from the field. Leslie leads the team in scoring with 14.7 points per game and Howell led the ACC this season with 10.7 rebounds per game. As for the rest of the team the Wolfpack scoring the fifth most points in country (77.5) on the fifth-best shooting percentage (49.4) and the 12th-best three-point percentage (39.3 percent).
The Owls win if… they’re not overly passive, don’t stand around on offense,
don’t settle for bad jumpers and don’t just generally fold — the usual tourney
strategy. Temple’s defense has been lax all year and N.C. State scores the fifth-most points in the country, so the offense has to keep pace.
This infographic displayed in the practice facility should also come into play:
>> NCAA scouting report: 8 N.C. State vs. 9 Temple [Me]
>> Temple’s Anthony Lee expected to play Friday [Gonzo]
>> Temple’s keys vs. N.C. State: Hollis-Jefferson and Randall [Me]
>> Temple seniors out to reverse their tourney history [Me]
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages