Aug 17, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
We address this Notre Dame issue today, because, although we are nowhere near South Bend, the Irish have a national following, one that certainly exists locally, or enough so that ND will be making their way to Philadelphia for a date against Temple in another two years.
In the meantime, the independent has agreed to a new scheduling agreement with the Miami Hurricanes that will result in a home-and-home series starting in 2016. Before that kicks off, they’ll be playing at a semi-neutral locale, Chicago, this season.
So what did Adidas put together for this year’s Miami-Notre Dame game at Soldier Field when the Catholics and the Convicts get together for the first time in the regular season since 1990 on Oct. 6 at Soldier Field? [Full pix featuring the Fighting Leprechaun below]
I’m a uni-head. So while there are certain designs I’m very protective of, for the most part, I’m pretty open to “interpretation.” In no sport is that more the case than in college football. I love when Nike or Adidas or Under Armour put together totally outlandish jerseys for a team’s primetime, Week 1 kick-off, or when two rivals get together for an annual meeting (see in 2011: Georgia-Boise St., Michigan v. Michigan St., Maryland vs. Anybody, etc).
So, yeah, I’m one of the six people on the planet who like these. Then again, I only watch to Notre Dame to see Brian Kelly berate Tommy Rees.
Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch — the authority on these matters — is not a fan, nor does it appear is the rest of the online community, with the 60/40 helmet split bearing the brunt of the blame.
At least the star linebacker is on-board:
— T.K. Gore (@TKGore) August 17, 2012
Man, I can’t wait to see what they work up just for Temple at the Linc in 2014! …Guys?
Alright, let ‘em have it in the comments. Just be honest — those gloves are sweet.
credit the CBS eye on FB blog for the images
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money